The CIP Eco-innovation is an EU funding which can co-finance up to 50% of the first commercial application of eco-innovative solutions, be it products, processes, techniques or services. An EU info Day is planned for the 27th of May 2013 : get ready !
What is CIP Eco-innovation about?
The CIP eco-innovation programme is an EU funding for businesses that have developed an environmental product, service or process which has been technically demonstrated, yet is not fully marketed due to residual risks.
All sectors are covered by the eco-innovation initiative but some activities have been singled out as priority areas:
- Materials Recycling: improve sorting processes for waste materials such as construction, industrial, household, WEEE; encourage eco-friendly and innovative recycling processes; business innovation to strengthen the recycling industries
- Sustainable Construction products: construction products and related processes that reduce consumption of resource, embodied carbon and production of by-product wastes
- Food and Drink Sector: innovative products including new packaging solutions that reduce environmental impact and maximize resource efficiency; cleaner processing that reduce waste and increase material recycling and recovery; improved water management processes…
- Greening business: clean production processes, including industrial symbiosis; innovative products decreasing environmental impact and using less resources; services facilitating a better match between supply and demand of eco-innovative solutions; bio-based products and increased use of secondary raw material; gradual innovation by introducing re-manufacturing mechanisms and innovative repairing services with substantial environmental benefit.
- Water: water efficient processes, products and technologies, especially water-free processes; water and wastewater treatment solutions that offer reduced environmental impact; smart distribution systems aiming at the saving of water, chemicals, energy and materials.
Anticipate the 2013 call for proposals
The 2013 call for proposals will be officially published in May 2013. And an European Information Day is organized on the 27th of May. Register here !
During the EU Info Day, you will have the opportunity to book bilateral meetings with project officers in charge of this EU funding.
Don’t hesitate to contact your NCP Brussels before the Info Day to:
- check your project idea fits with the scope of this funding initiative
- anticipate these bilateral meetings so as to make the most out it