As an initiative of the Brussels-Capital Region, impulse.brussels (the Brussels Enterprise Agency BEA) advises and guides at no cost every entrepreneur who wants to set up or develop his/her enterprise in the Brussels-Capital Region.
By providing practical legal, financial, business and technological information and advice, impulse.brussels' specialized advisors assist their clients to create and/or develop entrepreneurship and innovation activities in the Brussels-Capital Region.
For further information about impulse.brussels, please visit http://www.abe-bao.be
Within impulse.brussels, the International & Innovation Business Unit has the following two key missions:
• « National Contact Point Brussels »: to inform, guide and assist clients in setting up and executing successful European Research and Innovation projects that will be co-financed by the European Commission through Horizon 2020 programme. More info on our services: www.ncpbrussels.be
• « Enterprise Europe Brussels »: to inform, guide and assist clients in technology import / export. Enterprise Europe Brussels is member of the Enterprise Europe Network set up by the European Commission in 2008, whose main mission is to promote innovation and competitiveness in Europe, especially by helping SMEs to go international. The Enterprise Europe Network is made of about 600 local partners covering more than 60 countries. In the Brussels-Capital Region, Enterprise Europe Brussels (www.brusselsnetwork.be) is a public-private partnership between impulse.brussels and BECI (Brussels Entreprises Commerce and Industry)
To support these 2 missions, impulse.brussels is involved as a partner in several EU-funded projects, such as:
• IDEAL-IST (ICT NCP)
• NCP Academy (Training of Legal and Financial NCP)
In order to replace the current NCP advisor in the ICTtheme, we are looking for:
Role and purpose of the job
Advisor for the missions of National Contact Point and related project.
Within a dynamic and international team, the advisor will inform, guide, assist and train impulse.brussels clients, mainly SMEs and research centres active in the ICT sector, to boost their competitiveness by setting up and conducting European projects (Horizon 2020 programme). The advisor will also take part and represent impulse.brussels in the related Ideal-IST project. At the start of the mission, s/he will be induced to the job by the advisor currently holding the position and the team manager.
• Education : Master degree or equivalent by experience
• Demonstrated experience of 1-5 years as National Contact Point
• Demonstrated relevant experience in supporting SMEs (at least 3-5 year) : any additional professional experience in providing services to innovative SMEs will be considered a plus
• Fluent in English (both spoken and written) and in Dutch or French. Any other language will be considered as an added value
• Willing to travel for short term trips, mainly in Europe
• Strong team spirit with ability to work independently.
• Pro-active, commercial approach and result-oriented.
• Rigorous and well organized.
• Usual IT skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Email & internet.
• Desirable knowledge of the organization and Programmes of the European Commission.
• Experience and/or strong interest in/for the ICT sector will be considered as a significant PLUS
Conditions et contrat
• Definite term contract of 12 months (with the possibility of indefinite term contract)
• Starting date : immediate.
• Flexible working hours and advantageous holidays
• Shared team challenges in a stimulating environment
• Nice working place, accessible by public transport.