Are you looking for EU funded Research and Innovation opportunities for a project idea in the field of ICT?
Find here, among the many EU funding opportunities for companies, researchers and institutions willing to perform research and innovate in this sector, the relevant programmes to your RDI project.
I. Horizon 2020
Horizon 2020 is the 2014-2020 EU funding programme for Research and Innovation. It covers the whole research and innovation value chain, from big international collaborative research projects to smaller projects with a clear view on the market. Thematic work programmes set the priority topics for 2 years and every year calls for proposals are open for these pre-defined research and innovation topics. For topics falling under the SME instrument or the Fast Track to Innovation, calls for proposals are continously open with 3 or 4 cut-off dates per year.
Under Horizon 2020, ICT stakeholders have a specific Work Programme under the Industrial Leadership pillar:
ICT is also addressed in other Work Programmes of the following Societal Challenges:
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research, and the Bioeconomy
- Secure, clean and efficient energy
- Smart, green and integrated transport
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
- Europe in a changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
- Secure societies - protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens
For calls for proposals from other societal challenges that might be of interest for the ICT sector, please check the matrix here and here
For other specific instruments please see here.
II. OTHER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THIS SECTOR
EUROSTARS is a transnational funding scheme from the EUREKA Programme. Its aim is to help “R&D performing SMEs” whatever the sector to get their innovation faster to the market and lead international R&D projects. You can contact INNOVIRIS for more information. EUROSTARS-2 is open to all sectors. Discover it here.