Are you looking for EU funded Research and Innovation opportunities for a project idea in the field of Information & Communication Technologies (ICT)?
Find here, among the many EU funding opportunities for companies, researchers, civil society and innovators, the programmes relevant to your project.
HORIZON 2020 - R&I Funding
Horizon 2020 is the 2014-2020 EU funding programme for Research and Innovation. It covers the whole research and innovation value chain, from large-scale international collaborative research projects to smaller projects with an objective of market and societal impact.
Horizon 2020 is implemented through biannual work programmes, setting all the calls for proposals and the topics for funding. Every year calls for proposals are open for these pre-defined research and innovation topics.
Under Horizon 2020, ICT stakeholders have a specific Work Programme under the Industrial Leadership pillar:
In addition, ICT actors can also address topics falling under the SME Instrument or the Fast Track to Innovation as these calls for proposals are continuously open with 3 or 4 cut-off dates per year.
ICT is also addressed in other Work Programmes of the following Societal Challenges:
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research, and the Bioeconomy
- Secure, clean and efficient energy
- Smart, green and integrated transport
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials
- Europe in a changing world - inclusive, innovative and reflective societies
- Secure societies - protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens
Did you know that you could have opportunities within other areas? For calls for proposals from other societal challenges that might be of interest for this area, please check the SYNERGIES here.
For other specific instruments please see our section SMEs : Menu EU Funding >> SMEs
II. OTHER FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR THIS SECTOR
EUROSTARS is a transnational funding scheme from the EUREKA Programme. Its aim is to help “R&D performing SMEs” whatever the sector to get their innovation faster to the market and lead international R&D projects. You can contact INNOVIRIS for more information. EUROSTARS-2 is open to all sectors.