In the context of the Digital4Her event, the European Commission is launching a call for EU startups that are led by women.
While the event makes part of the "Women in Digital" initiative, launched by the Commissioner Mariya Gabriel for encouraging a more active role of women in the digital age, this call is specifically addressed to women entrepreneurs that bring new ideas to the tech market.
"Digital4Her" is a one day conference event, aimed to bring together policy-makers, university students, women entrepreneurs, investors and anyone interested in the benefits of gender equality in the digital sector.
We are looking for 10 women led tech-startups, that are currently on a growing phase, to pitch in front of a jury formed by investors and startup programme representatives.
The eligibility criteria for the startups are the following:
- owned or co-owned by a woman
- registered in an EU country
- bringing an innovative business related to the digital (e.g. IoT, fin-tech, HPC, blockchain, AI, cyber-security, e-health)
Eligible startups will be scored based on the following selection criteria:
- investments and awards received
- growing phase (market size for their digital product/service and current financial results)
- plan for scale (new markets planned for expansion, budget forecast)
- geographical balance (only one startup per country is to be selected)
The top 10 startups will be invited to pitch on 19 June 2018 in Brussels.
The application process will be open from 15 May 2018 to 29 May 2018, 11:59 pm CET.
The 10 selected startups will be contacted via e-mail by 31 May 2018. Please note that only the selected startups will be contacted.
Transportation costs and accommodation costs (with a ceiling of 100 Euros per day) linked to the participation in the event will be covered by the organisers
Prizes to be awarded, application and all info here