Since the start of the Research and Innovation (R&I) programme in January 2014, the Brussels-Capital Region (BCR) obtained :
- The financing of 1.745 projects coming from 615 Brussels beneficiaries (=45% of Belgian beneficiaries).
- A total financing amount of 890 million €, which corresponds to 38% of the total amount granted to Belgium, while the BCR represents 14% of the gross R&D expenses of Belgium.
- The average success rate of project proposals involving Brussels organisations is 20%, compared to 17% at Belgian level and 12% at the level of the whole programme.
- The average amount of financing amount granted to Brussels proposers is 370K €, an amount slightly lower than the Belgian average (413.445 €).
Other key figures::
- Subsidies H2020/1,000 inhabitants. : € 736K in BCR (€ 202K in Belgium and € 91K in the EU)
- Amount of funding allocated to RBC as a percentage of gross domestic expenditure on R&D in 2017: 53%
- Number of submissions from the private sector (SMEs and GE) per 10,000 inhabitants: 20 in BCR (8 in Belgium and 5 in the EU)
- Share of SMEs in financing allocated to the private sector: 54% in BCR (55% in Belgium)
Get detailed data and analysis on H2020 in the Brussels- Capital Region. Download the Statistics Reports here below.