Tackling SOCIETAL CHALLENGES for a Better Society is one of the three pillars of Horizon 2020. It benefits from 38.53% of the budget for 2014-2020.
A challenge-based approach will bring together resources and knowledge across different fields, technologies and disciplines, including social sciences and the humanities. This will cover activities from research to market with a new focus on innovation-related activities, such as piloting, demonstration, test-beds, and support for public procurement and market uptake.
For each of the identified societal challenges, dedicated Work Programmes set up the thematic priorities and topics that will be open to calls for proposals in the next 2 years. The Work programme for 2018-2020 is published. Many opportunities are available for SMEs and other Brussels-based organisations.
The 7 key challenges for the society that research and innovation projects shall address are:
• Health, demographic change and wellbeing (9.70% of H2020 budget)
• Food security, sustainable agriculture, marine and maritime research and bioeconomy (5% of H2020 budget)
• Securing reliable, clean and efficient Energy (7.70% of H2020 budget)
• Intelligent and green Transport (8.23% of H2020 budget)
• Climate action, resource efficiency and raw materials (4% of H2020 budget)
• Inclusive, innovative and reflective societies (1.70% of H2020 budget)
• Secure Societies (2.20% of H2020 budget)
NCP Brussels helps you understand Horizon 2020 and identify opportunities that are relevant for your business/project.
We guide you through the proposal and project process – Quality service and free-of charge.
What are you waiing for? Contact our team!