Why is it important to consider IP in H2020?
- On the one hand, IP and exploitation issues are subject to evaluation regarding impact and feasibility of the proposal.
- On the other hand, the Rules for Participation establish the best efforts commitments of participants to exploit their own results.
- Therefore, a convincing outline of IP management and exploitation strategies at individual and consortium level within the proposal is a relevant matter.
- Results of research and development activities require further and often substantial investments to take them to market, which is appealing if the results are well-protected through intellectual property.
- Properly managing IP in the projects helps participants avoid future conflicts among the consortium.
Making the Most of your Horizon 2020 project, regarding communication and dissemination activities: https://www.iprhelpdesk.eu/IP-Highlights/brochure
Your Guide to IP and Contracts: https://www.iprhelpdesk.eu/sites/default/files/2018-12/european-ipr-helpdesk-your-guide-to-ip-and-contracts.pdf
Your Guide to IP in Europe: https://www.iprhelpdesk.eu/sites/default/files/2018-12/european-ipr-helpdesk-your-guide-to-ip-in-europe.pdf
Your Guide to IP Commercialization: https://www.iprhelpdesk.eu/sites/default/files/2018-12/european-ipr-helpdesk-your-guide-to-ip-in-horizon-2020.pdf