The ESCF provides financial and capacity building support to develop plans to scale proven social service innovations.
The European Social Catalyst Fund (ESCF) is an ongoing Horizon 2020 project funded under Societal Challenge 6. It is cofounded by Genio (Ireland), the Robert Bosch Stiftung (Germany) and the King Baudouin Foundation (Belgium).
The ESCF launched a call for cascading grants with a deadline extended to 11th September 2020. The purpose of the grants is to support the development of detailed implementation plans aimed at reducing, or overcoming, social challenges. it is important to note that funding from the project is intended to support the planning process and will not be given for capital costs. The grand of up to €100,000 will be accompagnied by capacity building support. A minimum of €600,000 will be allocated to support at least 6 plans.
If you want to apply check the eligibility criteria ! in particular
- The lead applicant receiving funding must be a non-profit public purpose organisation. It can partner up with public and private non-profit agencies (lead applicant must be a non-profit).
- The application must address social challenges from the Sustainable Development Goals and align with the three main categories of the European Pillar of Social Rights: equal opportunities and access to the labour market; fair working conditions; social protection and inclusion.
- Applications must relate to evidence-based models of intervention that have been tried and tested. Preference will be given to innovations that have the most robust evidence of success
- At least one member of the organisation(s) applying must have prior involvement in implementing the innovative model under proposal
- Plans also must be relevant to the social and implementation challenges in at least five EU Member States, two of which will be Central and Eastern European Countries