A total of 117 innovative solutions to tackle the coronavirus have been selected as winners of the European Innovation Council-led #EUvsVirus Hackathon.
The top six challenge category winners are:
- Team Discovery (Hungary) for their highly scalable patient monitoring system that minimizes the need for physical contact between nurses and patients (Health and Life category)
- Linistry for safe retail (Hungary) for their remote queuing solution to ensure social distancing in retail industry (Business Continuity category)
- Aidbind (Bulgaria, Germany, Malta, Sweden, Switzerland) for their solution to the information gap between demand, supply and funding of medical products, procured via donations and charity. Social and political cohesion category)
- The Village - Where The World Is Your Classroom (Switzerland, Ukraine, United States, India) for their online village platform that you can share with friends, family, teachers and peers for experiential virtual learning (remote working and education category)
- Bankera Business Care (Lithuania) for their solution to provide SMEs with short-term financing to cover their liquidity needs during times of crisis (Digital finance category)
- Sewers4COVID (Greece, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom) for their sewer surveillance platform for early virus detection to help decision makers direct resources where they are most needed (‘Other’ category)